Meditation thought: “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives to all men generously and without reproaching, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, not doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven by the wind. For that person must not suppose that a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways, will receive anything from the Lord.” (James 1:5-8)
“Count it all joy my brothers, when you meet various trials, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.” (James 1:2)
Both wisdom and faith are developed, not given as gifts, full-blown and complete, with no effort put forth by the recipient.
To develop a steadfast faith is the first step in being able to develop wisdom, for you must “ask in faith” in order to receive wisdom. That faith is developed through ‘testing’ – as you meet challenges, pray, believe, and observe results, you develop a ‘steadfast’ faith, which enables you to ask in faith for wisdom. Your trials have brought to your attention your dire need for wisdom. When you combine steadfast faith in my desire to impart wisdom to you and your desire to receive it, then it is possible for wisdom to “make you perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.” My Holy Spirit as motivator and guide of your thoughts, your words, and your deeds imparts wisdom to you.
“Nothing succeeds like success” is appropriate here, for the more steadfastly you develop faith, the more generously my wisdom can be imparted to you. It is through wisdom (right and righteous decisions) that I am able to delight in the resulting transformation of the world into kingdom.
The ordinary is enhanced by a glow – transformed, by a new perspective, and thus gives birth to new appreciation, much as objects are made more lovely, and even much changed, in appearance by a sunrise or a sunset.
It is through your seeking me in faith that I am able to transmit the light of my wisdom which transforms appearances and thus inspires a higher level of performance by you.
Recall that advice you read yesterday: “act as if God has responded. This is simply one form of behavior modification”. As you pray, believing, act as if your prayer has been answered, for this is the “assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” It is believing you have what you pray for when you pray. This “steadfastness of faith” – your firm conviction that I desire to give you my wisdom in whatever form is needed for a particular situation and particular prayer is the releasing of the blocks between my will and your free will which must be willingly loosed by you before my gift of wisdom – which will be the means of producing all transformations of worldly into kingdomly – can flow into your being.
First you must be convinced that I love you and desire to shower my blessings upon you – my blessings – not your perception of what my blessings should be, but blessings according to my wisdom and knowledge of not just you, but of the whole universe.
At times there will be no conflict between your human desires and my blessings – but at other times, you will either need to adjust your desires, or wait until a transformation takes place for them to be fulfilled.
The wisdom which you seek is the means by which you will know whether you need to actively adjust, or faithfully wait.
Until you feel comfortable about a situation, perceiving that my will has been done in it, take these steps:
- Think about everything pertinent
- Be aware of all circumstances, looking for clues
- When the situation appears to call for action, take action, always being conscious of Christ’s spirit living in you, allowing Christ to guide you.
- Believe that you are the force I am using to do my will (which, by your yielding to me in appealing for my wisdom, has also become your will).
- Behave insofar as possible, as if the transformation is complete. Become an actress if necessary, adjusting expression, voice, and actions to be appropriate with the scene you envision as being our completed transformation.
- Do not allow fear, or doubt that you have comprehended correctly, to enter into the situation. I use positive, committed, focused movement to accomplish my will, just as human endeavors accomplish goals. If you go amiss, I will re-direct you – as gently as you allow me to do it.
- Believe that I am who I say I am through Christ: total love, and totally loving. When anything else appears to be expressed, something dissatisfying or painful, it is due to misunderstanding or rebellion on the part of the child, not the Father.
- Do not be a fearful child, expecting harsh punishment for infraction of rules, particularly when you break rules out of ignorance or misunderstanding. Even if you require discipline (and that is not “punishment”), the discipline will be as light as possible to teach you.
- Trust my power. Recall the miracles in the Old Testament, the New Testament and your own life and those whom you know.
- “Go and sin no more.” Christ’s healing touch has transformed you. Believe, and act upon your belief. Tell of my love which sent His healing touch to you. Tell of His compassion. Tell of the power to save men from despair, and bring them to joy. It is the power of my love that bathes everything in transforming light , making all beautiful, and all right. My love is expressed through as obedient child. Be my obedient child – you will find your joy and your fulfillment in that role. No other role in life will totally please you – or me.
Prayer of response: Father, thank you for this teaching today in response to my desire for wisdom. Please enable me to learn it well, doing all which you have suggested joyfully and well. I praise your Holy Name. I thank you for Jesus. I thank you for your Holy Spirit. I thank you for heaven and earth – for all that exists, in spirit and in the physical.
I seek to know what you desire me to know, and do what you desire me to do, for therein lie the fulfillment of my desires. I thank you for the fulfillment right now.